Friday, February 17, 2017

Family #Crush



February 17: Family #Crush

Last year I wrote about my blood family.  My kids, husband, parents, sisters, and in-laws.  These are people that are so very important to me and I have been so lucky to be placed with this small tribe in my life. These are the people that I was blessed with.

There are other families in my life as well.  My family #Crush this year is my neighbors.  You never know what you are going to get for neighbors when you move into a new place.  We have been living in our house for about 6 years now.  We hit the lottery with the neighborhood that we live it.

On one side of our home, we have a family who has adult children.  They are a bit younger than my parents but have grandkids so they play the role of 'grandparents-ish' to our kids.  My kids know that they can go to our neighbors and be adored on, get a sweet treat, and learn about life.  They want to help them with their dogs and yard in the summer. They love these friends, these neighbors as much as they do their blood family. My husband and I feel the same way.  We know if there was anything that we needed, we could go to them.  I think they know the same of us.  We are there for them if they need us as well. Below is a picture of our neighbor dogs, my husband, and kids.


On the other side of our house is a slightly younger couple than Tim and I.  They have just welcomed their second child into their home.  We get to relive the baby and toddler stage again with this family.  Their two kids are so dang cute and they know us well.  This sweet little 2-year-old girl calls out for my husband while on her porch... she comes to our front door to play with our kids.  Their parents are amazing friends to us.  Again, we know they have our back and we try to be there for them as well.


On any given weekend in the summer you can find us outside by a bonfire, baby monitor in hand.  In the winter it get's a little harder to connect but we make sure to check in on each other once and awhile.  This found family has cried together but mostly we laugh together. We love each other by choice and location.  I feel so fortunate to be surrounded by great people. 

No comments:

Post a Comment